Here is my list of the things I want to do before I turn 30.
Caveat: You must know that ever since I turned 25-ish, I have had a hard time admitting my age to people. I don’t know why because in no one’s book is mid-20’s considered “old”. To be honest, some of it must stem from insecurity. I guess sometimes I’m insecure about what I should have accomplished or experienced by age “x” and by admiting my age, I’m allowing people to judge whether or not I’m living up to that standard. So, for me to put a post about turning 30 out “there” for all to see, is a BIG deal…but also is part of #30 on my list.
In following with the so-called theme of this blog, these are things that I want to do or try to make my life a little fuller. In reality, I know that the list is ambitious to try to do all of these things before my next birthday, which is in about 2 months, but that’s okay because that will just leave me more to do by my next birthday. Look for posts on some that have already been accomplished. And even though I haven’t completed this list, I’m also taking suggestions for next year’s list as well.
1. start a blog
3. start 3 good habits
4. learn how to knit
7. find a good (and easy and healthy) bread-from-scratch recipe
8. learn how to post a video on YouTube
9. say wedding vows in Chinese to R again (from memory…or at the very least, with better Chinese)
10. narrow down my baby name list to Top 10
11. start composting
12. make homemade soymilk
13. try zumba
14. run a 5K
15. make zong-zi from scratch
16. make homemade yogurt
pass my comprehensive exam
say “yes” to something I would normally say “no” to
20. say “no” to something I would normally say “yes” to
22. eat a meal alone…in public…and without a book or laptop (or any other distraction)
learn how to count to 10 in 10 languages revised: learn how to greet in 10 languages
24. eat 30 new foods
25. conquer my fear of guns
26. pull an all-nighter
27. learn how to write my name in Chinese (on-cue)
watch at least one movie from the Star Wars triology or the one of the Lord of the Rings movies
30. embrace turning thirty.