The cool fall day today made me really crave soup for dinner. I had bought a big ‘ole bunch of spinach at the Asian market tonight. So, I decided to make a faux cream of spinach soup. This recipe could easily be vegan if made with vegetable broth instead of chicken.
4 T onion, peeled/chopped
2 t canola or olive oil
1/2 # fresh spinach, washed
2 c broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 1/2 t cornstarch
3 oz tofu
1. Sauté onion until translucent in a large frying pan with the oil.
2. Add spinach and heat until decreases in size and is wilted.
3. Place all ingredients into Vitamix container and secure lid.
4. Select variable 1 and turn on. Increase speed to variable 10, then to high.
5. Blend for 3-4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the lid and wah-lah, hot faux cream of spinach soup!
This recipe was super simple and packed with all the goodness of spinach…folate, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber and so much more.
Here is the nutrition (1 cup):
64 calories, 6 g protein, 3 g total fat, 0 sat fat, 6 g carb, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 2 mg iron, 117 mg sodium (if low-sodium broth used), 0 mg cholesterol, 6076 IU Vitamin A, 19 mg Vitamin C
Click on the Vitamix button below to get your very own or use code (06-005573) to receive free standard shipping ($25 value).